If you’re looking for cheap and quality automatic watches to add to your collection or to gift to that special someone, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll find some of the best automatic watches in terms of quality and price on the market.
Few watches are as elegant and collectible as automatic watches, a timepiece that tends to be the center of attention due to its intricate mechanism, which is visible in some models.
But undoubtedly, the main advantage of automatic watches over quartz watches is that they operate using the movement of the wrist. This means that you’ll never need to go to a jewelry store to change the battery.
On the other hand, the cost of this type of mechanical watches has always been higher than that of quartz watches, although nowadays, advancements in technology have made prices more competitive, and it’s also possible to find cheap and quality automatic watches.
Índice de contenidos
- 1 ✚ Best cheap automatic watches in terms of Quality / Price
✚ Best cheap automatic watches in terms of Quality / Price
Nowadays, it’s possible to find major brands such as Seiko, Tissot, Invicta, or even Hamilton with models that can be obtained at really affordable prices. Let’s see which ones they are:
➤ Fossil Grant
- Caja de 45 mm, ancho de banda de 22 mm, cristal mineral, movimiento automático mecánico, importado
- Caja redonda de acero con esfera beige
- Correa de cuero marrón
- Resistente al agua hasta 50 m: se puede llevar al nadar en aguas poco profundas
The Fossil Grant is an automatic watch with a semi-transparent case that allows you to see the internal mechanism from both sides. The 44mm case can withstand up to 5 ATM of pressure (50 meters) and is made of stainless steel, featuring a comfortable leather strap.
Internally, it is equipped with a Japanese Miyota 8N24 mechanism with 21 jewels, providing a power reserve of up to 40 hours. This means it can operate for up to 40 hours without the need to move it.
Undoubtedly, it’s one of the cheap automatic watches that offers the best quality/price ratio, which is why it deserves to be at the top of the list.
➤ Invicta Pro Diver 8928OB
- El Invicta 8928OB tiene una caja de acero inoxidable de 40 millimetros con una esfera azul
- Esta modelo funciona con un movimiento de Automático preciso
- Resistencia a la presión de aqua de 20 bares
- Este modelo es parte de la colección Invicta Pro Diver
- 2 años de garantía Invicta
Essentially, the 8928OB is a diving watch whose aesthetics remind us a lot of the classic Rolex Submariner. However, it’s not a cheap imitation at all. Invicta is a brand famous for its quality, despite manufacturing many affordable automatic watches. It’s more of a respectful and cost-effective imitation.
Putting aside the Rolex aesthetics, the 8928OB features a 44mm stainless steel case sealed with mineral crystal on the front and back, allowing the automatic mechanism to be seen. The strap is also made of stainless steel, and like the rest of the watch, it features gold-plated details.
Internally, it is a quite reliable watch as it incorporates a Seiko NH35A movement with 24 jewels, providing a power reserve of up to 40 hours. Although it belongs to the entry-level range of the Japanese company, this mechanism is capable of providing an accuracy of +-10 / 15 seconds per day.
Its water resistance, as is usual in this type of watch, is 200 meters.
While claiming that the Invicta is the best automatic watch in terms of quality/price may be a bit pretentious, it’s undoubtedly one of the best in its price range.
➤ Festina Automatic F6858/2
The black dial contrasts with the slim line of its hands and hour markers, but above all with the small opening that allows the internal mechanism to be seen.
The rounded 42mm case is made of stainless steel and features a mineral crystal on both the dial side and the back, allowing the internal mechanics to be visible.
The watch can withstand up to 5 ATM, which means it can easily handle contact with water.
The movement equipped in the Festina F6858/2 is a Japanese Miyota M82S7, assembled with 21 jewels and providing a power reserve of 42 hours.
- Reloj Automático para hombre Brazalete de cuero - F6858-2 Festina
- Diseño novedoso y de alta funcionalidad
- Movimiento automático muy preciso en el corazón del reloj
- Fabricado con materiales de la mejor calidad especialmente seleccionados
- El reloj tiene una resistencia al agua de 5 bars
➤ Stührling Original
- Movimiento fascinante: esfera esquelética grabada y transparente y parte trasera de la caja de exposición te permiten ver en tu muñeca como el...
- No necesita pilas: el movimiento mecánico automático utiliza tus movimientos naturales para mantener tu reloj funcionando durante el tiempo que lo...
- Hora dual/AM-PM: mantén un seguimiento del tiempo en 2 zonas horarias separadas con subesfera GMT funcional, también rastrea noche y día con...
- Pulsera de acero: sólida y pesada pulsera de acero inoxidable con patrón de eslabones único
- Garantía completa: todos los relojes Stührling incluyen una garantía internacional completa de 2 años para tu tranquilidad, 100% satisfacción del...
The Stührling is another example of an affordable automatic watch with a transparent case on both sides. Its 47mm case is made of polished stainless steel with Krysterna crystal for the dial and the back.
It also features a strap made entirely of stainless steel, making it more resistant to wear.
Internally, it is equipped with an automatic ST91011 movement with a good power reserve and two complications: dual time and day/night indicator. It is also water-resistant up to 50 meters.
Although the brand is of Swiss origin, it should be noted that they manufacture some of their models in Hong Kong, so it cannot be considered a high-end piece. However, its affordable price makes it a very good option among cheap automatic watches.
➤ Seiko Automatic Diver SKX009
As the heir to the legendary Seiko Monster, the SKX009 is a robust watch capable of withstanding the toughest working conditions, both in and out of the water, where it can resist up to 200 meters of depth.
Dive watches are always a good choice as they never need to be opened to change the battery, which helps them maintain their water resistance.
Its 42mm stainless steel case features a rubber strap, giving it a sporty style.
Internally, it features one of the most commonly used movements by Seiko, the 7S26 caliber, with a power reserve of 41 hours. It may not be the best movement from the brand, but it is equally reliable and requires minimal maintenance.
If you’re looking for the best automatic watch in terms of quality/price for diving, both the Seiko SKX009 and the rest of the brand’s diver watches are among the best options.
- Gents Rubber Analogue
- Movimiento automático
- Esfera azul y correa o pulsera negra
- Bisel giratorio Uni, Día-Fecha
➤ Seiko Kinetic SRN049P1
Seiko’s Kinetic technology combines the best of automatic watches and quartz watches to create a highly precise machine that can keep the correct date and time for years without the need for movement.
To achieve this, the SRN049P1 incorporates a mechanical caliber capable of charging a small battery with movement, as well as a quartz crystal to constantly adjust the beats of the automatic mechanism.
Although technically it is not an automatic watch due to the fusion of parts from different technologies, we have decided to add the Seiko SRN049P1 to the list of cheap automatic watches due to the precision and quality it offers at a low cost.
This watch is also a resistant timepiece composed of a 44mm stainless steel case with hardlex crystal, which is water-resistant up to 100 meters, and a leather strap.
➤ Tissot Gentelman
The Tissot Gentleman is a Swiss watch with automatic technology that is quite affordable considering the brand and its features.
Its stainless steel case with sapphire crystal and transparent case back is as elegant as it is resistant, designed to withstand depths of up to 100 meters.
Internally, it doesn’t fall short either. Thanks to the Swiss ETA Powermatic 80 caliber, the Gentleman can offer a power reserve of up to 80 hours with an accuracy of +-10 seconds per day.
➤ Hamilton Khaki King Automatic
Mechanically, we are talking about an American H-30 caliber based on the “Powermatic 80”. However, compared to the latter, its power reserve has been increased to 80 hours, achieving an accuracy of +-10 seconds per day.
Overall, it’s a mid-range watch whose specifications exceed those of many watches on the list, although it is also slightly more expensive.
- Caja de acero inoxidable con una correa de cuero marrón en relieve de cocodrilo con costuras de contraste
- Esfera negra con manecillas luminosas e indicadores de hora en números arábigos. Función de día y fecha
- Cristal de zafiro resistente a los arañazos
- Resistente al agua hasta 50 m
- Movimiento automático de cuerda automática
➤ Zeppelin LZ 129 Hindenburg
It is also possible to find some German watches among the models of low cost, such as the Zeppelin watches from the LZ 129 Hindenburg series. It’s a 40mm automatic watch characterized by its vintage aesthetics with subdials to display the power reserve and military time.
While it doesn’t have a German movement internally, but rather a Japanese Citizen/Miyota 9132 caliber with 26 jewels and a power reserve of up to 40 hours, it is a very precise mechanism that deviates only by about +-8 seconds per day.
- Wristwatch Modelo Zeppelin 8060-1 LZ 129 Hindenburg automatic 41mm 5ATM
- Analógico para Hombre
- 13 milimetros calendario Fecha y mes Hebilla
➤ Victorinox Swiss Army Alpnach
Victorinox doesn’t only manufacture Swiss Army knives, but also watches. Therefore, it’s not surprising that their watch designs are synonymous with quality, but above all, functionality, as is the case with the Alpnach, a versatile and robust watch with a lot of surprises.
Inside its 43mm stainless steel case with sapphire crystal, there is a multi-purpose mechanism with a chronograph, tachymeter, and a rotating bezel with a countdown scale, supported by 3 subdials that provide even more functionality.
As a good military watch, it is water-resistant up to 100 meters and displays time in a 24-hour mode.
The mechanical heart of this marvel operates using the ETA Valjoux 7750 caliber of Swiss origin, which is also used by other top brands such as IWC or Montblanc. Its 21 jewels ensure a power reserve of 48 hours with an average accuracy of +-5 seconds per day.
- Reloj para hombre con movimiento automático, correa de acero inoxidable, multicolor
- Diámetro de la esfera: 43 mm.
- Impermeabilidad: resiste una presión máxima de 1 ATM.
- Atención: Se trata de un reloj automático que funciona sin pilas.
- Instrucciones de puesta en marcha: este modelo necesita ser cuerda manualmente para iniciar el mecanismo que luego se sube con el movimiento de la...
Relojes.Wiki participates in the Amazon EU and Amazon US Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide websites with a means to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.es, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. More info.
Last update of links and images on 2024-03-05.